I am happiest when with my baby boy and husband. I love to shop and thrive on a good political debate. I am a bleeding heart and believe that one person can make a difference but you have to act to get things done. I am a Libran through and through, a drama queen at the best of times, have just become an aunty 3 times over within 12 months to the most beautiful little princesses and became a mummy for the first time in the last year - all in all I live a pretty charmed life (I think).
Some random things about me:
- I don't drink hot drinks - not tea, coffee, hot chocolate - and I like my drinks icy cold
- I was a Venturer Scout in my late teens and attained my Queens Scout Award
- I have a huge weakness for macaroni with Kraft cheese spread, McDonalds chocolate sundaes, popcorn and tap beer
- I am the eldest of four children to parents that are happily married still after 32 years and enjoyed a pretty idyllic childhood - and my sister is my best friend
- I love to read and am known to devour a book in just a few hours - most recently, I read Mary Higgins Clark's Daddy's Gone a Hunting in 4/5 hours.
- I met my husband at a Good Charlotte concert
- I was in Tokyo, Japan on my honeymoon when the March 2011 earthquake hit and went back again in November - Japan and the Japanese remain amongst my most favourite places and people
- I love eighties music - especially Starship ... nothing gets me happier than listening to 'We built this city'
- I won a car in 2006 - and was crowned the Conrad Jupiters Summer Surf Girl for Surf Life Saving
- I'm a qualified Surf Life Saver and National Gold Medalist (with my sis) - I started nippers when I was 6
- I want to make a difference in the World