Monday, June 24, 2013

New releases and my HG of skincare

One of my guilty pleasures is Glasshouse Candles and they have just released the Glasshouse vintage collection ...


AVALLON

CASSIS & VANILLA

Winding cobblestone streets, classic stone architecture and the sound of flowing streams. Back by popular demand, Avallon's sensual b

lend of cassis, vanilla and jasmine takes you to the heart of seventeenth century France. 

CUBA

PINEAPPLE, TANGERINE & CHERRY

Try a little rumba. Add a bit of salsa. Mix in a tropical vibe. Back by popular demand, Cuba's energetic mix of fresh pineapple, tangerine and cherry, with a touch of amber, is a Caribbean classic. 

SHAMBALA

HONEY, VETIVER & PATCHOULI

Enter a mythical kingdom where peace, tranquillity and happiness rule. Back by popular demand, Shambala's ancient blend of bergamot, candied honey, patchouli and vetiver create a karmic connection.


- does Cuba sound like the most divine of fragrances... or is it just me? Either way, I've already got mine ordered and expect it in my hot little hands early next week. I'm also desperately hoping for a Versailles re-release however I won't hold my breath.

In other news, I have found my holy Grail skincare range at long last! My spa visit a few weeks ago introduced me to O Cosmedics. They were used as part of my facial and as well as smelling good, they felt amazing on my skin - deeply cleansing but not at all drying. I was interested in learning more about the range and purchasing some of it but unfortunately at the end of my final treatment, I was rushed to the changeroom and out the door as it was a few minutes after close time - not the smartest move on their part as I was in such a state of relaxation, they would have made a fortune out of me. I did however grab a brochure on the products and followed up with some online research. 

O Cosmedics are medical grade products with active ingredients to protect and repair skin - Rather than claim the Holy Grail on barely-there volumes we’ve formulated O with potent ingredients. Our world exclusive V8 Peptide Complex™ works behind the scenes on the essential cell structure to age proof your skin and accelerate healing and rejuvenation. Only superior formulations and chirally correct active ingredients will do when it comes to taking action for healthy skin. O knows just where to look and how to transform your skin at the deepest level.

Put simply, O corrects the passage of time and lays the foundation for timeless beauty. There are few who can lay claim and back that with irrefutable proof. We’ve taken the O range through its paces to make sure it stacks up to what you’d expect from a high performing product. Based on international research and clinical data there’s no room for error. O represents precision skin care. No surgery or needles, simply a daily commitment to feeding your skin with the very best in skin science. 


Preferring to purchase online given the average spa service, I bought the:

 Gentle Antioxidant Cleanser $49
A gentle daily facial cleanser strengthened with powerful antioxidants. Suitable for all skin types including reactive and rosacea skins, post peel, laser and surgery cleansing. Fortified with anti-pollutant boosters that trap & remove dirt and excess sebum. V8 peptide complex™ leaves the skin super hydrated & refreshed. 

Exfoliating Cleanser $59
Cleanser and scrub in one. Empowered with not one but four physical exfoliating beads (cranberry seeds, jojoba beads, diatomaceous earth and hydrated silicone crystals) to offer the skin an invigorating, deep cleansing experience. Fortified with V8 peptide complex™ the skin is left super hydrated, radiant and awakened.

Immortal Cream $99
Cutting edge super-antioxidants and potent concentrations of V8 peptide complex™ make this age defying cream a five star anti-ageing treatment. Fortified with mega doses of vitamin C it works to awaken and hydrate the skin, assist relaxation of muscles and help to reverse and diminish the signs of ageing whilst providing a feeling of instant lift.

Now, I have used pretty much every decent skincare range out there from Dermalogica to Clinique, Chanel and Nuetrogena. The last few years I have been pretty satisfied with Cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser - cheep, cheerful and I don't seem to have any breakouts however my skin does feel dry in some parts, oily in others and I'm prone to blackhead congestion around my nose and chin. 

I started using O Cosmedics about 10 days ago and was seeing results in about 3 days! I use the cleanser in the morning, Cetaphil to remove makeup followed by the cleanser at night and the scrub on Wednesday & Sunday nights. My skin is already smoother, blackheads clearing and less visible, skin colour and tone more even. My make up goes on better than I ever remember and I feel more confident without makeup. 

I will be adding a serum to my routine soon and have heard good things about Vitamin C so I'm interested in trying the Pure C + BHA - Pure and potent. Protect your skin from free radical damage using the most powerful antioxidant benefit of fresh, chirally corrected vitamin C. This pure L-Absorbic Acid with encapsulated BHA offers daily exfoliation and antioxidant benefits second to none.

Reasonably priced for truly amazing results, this is a brand I am telling all my friends about and will definitely repurchase. I will also do a followup post in a few weeks to let you know if the results are continuing.

Tomorrow I will try and get in a post about Ethan's birthday party on the weekend! My little teddy bear is now officially one and had a wonderful Picnic on Saturday with our nearest and dearest there to celebrate with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment