Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Big changes

So you may have noticed, there has been a name change.

As I mentioned previously, I'm not a GC Real Estate Girl anymore and its time for a change as the heading doesn't suit my new direction in any which way. The new title came to me quite quickly amazingly... it was inspired believe it or not by a Slim Dusty track that my beloved maternal grandparents loved and I therefore grew up listening to despite not being a Country Music fan by any means -

Looking forward, looking back

I've come a long way down the track

Got a long way left to go

Making songs, from what I know



Making sense of what I've seen

All the love we've had between

You and I, along the track

Looking forward, looking back



There are strange days

Full of change on the way

But we'll be fine, unlike some

I'll be leaning forward, to see what's coming



Looking forward, looking back

I've come a long way down the track

Got a long way left to go

Making songs, from what I know



If I'm alone at night, I can see

Through all the triviality

Of the day and I'm okay

I just think of those who are dear to me



Looking forward, looking back

I've come a long way down the track

Got a long way left to go

Making songs, from what I know

Making songs, from what I know

Looking forward, looking back ...


The name (and song) seem to fit where I am right now. Motherhood and life in general is very much a journey and I find as I move forward , I also look back ... my own very happy childhood is teaching me how to be the best mummy I can and many experiences with E are reminding me of times with my little brothers and sister growing up as well as fun times with my parents and grandparents. It is also inspiring a lot of reminiscing and sharing with my sister and our mum now we are both mummies. There is a little bit of sadness of course that my grandparents are no longer with us and therefore don't get to meet any of their great-grandchildren but our children will know their stories thanks to our close relationships.

Don't worry, there will still be lots of frivolous posts on my shopping binges but there will also be some sharing on my experiences as a mummy and juggling everything else with that.

2 comments: