Monday, June 17, 2013

A small fact about me

I don't like hot drinks ... not coffee, tea, mocchas, hot chocolates ... none of it. People always look at me disbelievingly when I tell them that after the offer of a coffee. I'd prefer a glass of water any day.

I was told I would definitely become a coffee drinker after having a baby as I would need the caffeine hit each morning. Well E turns 1 on Saturday and I still don't drink coffee. I thought though I would have at least taken up tea drinking by now though.

I have tried, really tried to drink coffee and each time Nespresso releases a new variation, I snap it up in hope. I was almost there with the coconut pods but then they were no more.

Tea on the other is something I have drunk and do drink but not out of enjoyment. I drink green tea for health and its a gulp down not sip and savour.

There has been a change though ... last week, I used my mother's day spa gift voucher. I was greeted in the tranquil reception and offered tea while I completed the obligatory introduction form (what skincare do you use, what part of your body do you want to improve etc). Ah why not, I accepted ... and was pleasantly surprised. I actually asked the receptionist what the tea blend was and would have bought it then and there if they hadn't of already sold out. It was raspberry and lime if you're wondering.

To digress, in my Tupperware career, I won (yes, won) their Teaz me tea set. Its a really beautiful set with all kinds of brilliant features... like not letting the tea steep excessively in the water and made from extra strong European tempered glass. Its made a really lovely ornament thus far but as I don't drink tea, its never had a drop of liquid poured from it.



http://www.tupperware.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/aus/website/ProductGallery/ProductCollections/Teaz+Me/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJBnYctlfEw

Well after experiencing the refreshing blend of raspberry & lime tea, that's all about to change!

I have been researching teas and obviously it would appear I prefer fruit blends/infusions at this early stage. Unfortunately we don't have a T2 locally which is such a pity although we do have a Tea Centre. I could still do an internet order or T2 but it might be worth actually visiting a store and learning a little more to start with.

A sucker for a good description, my selection to investigate -


Japanese Garden
Green tea, white tea, pinapple, strawberry, mallow leaves, papaya & rose flowers.

Summer Fruits
Ingredients: Hibiscus, apple, beetroot, elder berries, blackberries, black and red currants, raspberries, strawberries and blackberry leaves.

Sydney Special
Black & green tea with mango, jasmine flowers, rose flowers, cornflowers, safflowers & calendula flowers.

Raspberry Zing
 Ingredients: Hibiscus, rosehip, citrus peels, apple, raspberries and lemongrass.

Berry Delicious
Ingredients: Hibiscus, rosehip, apple, elder berries, blueberries, blackcurrants and strawberry leaves.



Any other recs for good tea of the fruit infusion variety? Anyone able to provide a review of the teas I have shortlisted?

No comments:

Post a Comment