Friday, August 24, 2012

Quick catchup

So like most new mommies with blogs, I've been pretty slack lately however I have moved house and put in a few hours at work to boot.

Baby E is now 9 weeks old - I know, that went so quickly - and the changes in him are amazing. Such a happy bubba, he is now full of smiles and cooing particularly when he has your undivided attention. His absolute favourite place to date appears to be his change table! He loves being naked and is an enormous fan of his mobile above it - he will happily lay there as long as we allow and kick, wave his arms, coo and smile like crazy. He is so alert now and responsive to everything around him - honestly, watching a baby grow is like watching a miracle unfold.

So apart from watching my own little miracle, I have been spending my time unpacking, pottering around our new (and much bigger) home and socializing with all my fellow maternity leave mamas.

This week my girlfriends and I (with Bubs in tow) caught The Bourne Legacy screening. $8.50 for vmax with bubba - yes please. All 3 Bubs were amazingly well behaved and we even managed lunch at Grill'd after. I am making the most of getting out and about at the infant stage as I imagine the movies will be a but hard when E starts to move.

In shopping news I have of course been busy during my nursing periods ...

Absolutely loving Country Road lately although I know their Spring pieces are not to everyone's taste and the September release has not disappointed. I raced in store today to get the peplum top as I was sure it will sell out quickly - I wasn't wrong, 2 days in and stocks are very low! Gorgeous cut and fabric for only $99.

I was also overdue for a Strawberrynet order ... My sis recently ventured out of our usual comfort zone to try Smashbox Studio Skin foundation with great results - a flawless finish that looked polished yet reasonably natural. I'm a joiner so yep, I bought some too along with Nars Luster and Lovejoy now that my Orgasm blush has finally finished. I was hoping to get my Nars Dolce Vita lipstick too (worlds most universally flattering lip colour) but no luck so made do with Chanel in 05 Mademoiselle.

It's 3am and bubba is sound asleep so I'm going to do the same as we have a big Sunday planned - a 3rd birthday party in the morning, lunch with friends and then a BBQ at our place late afternoon.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

FYI sorry about the pics and their display - blogging from my phone at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the cr top, may have to go and buy! Glad to see you loving motherhood xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello wedding twin! I have decided to blog at last.

    I am also a NARS fan, after previously been a MAC girl. Absolutely converted now. For Nars products, buy off KissMakeupNY they have nearly the entire range that Mecca stocks. Very cheap too, at least 50% cheaper than DJ's.

    Funny to think we married on the same day, only 18 months ago and you are now a mum!

    ReplyDelete