Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Finally...


At long last I can finally share a HUGE secret I have been keeping since my baby shower... MY LITTLE SISTER IS PREGNANT!

Yep, you read that right, there is another baby set to join our family in the next few months - if you have only just started reading here then to bring you up to speed: my sis in law (brother's wife) had a baby girl in May, my bub is 3 weeks old and my other sis in law (husband's sister) is due in October on top of our family best friends' also having babies in April and December respectively!

I know, we couldn't have planned it better if we had of actually tried. Honestly, no discussion ever took place between any of us to try for babies together, it just worked out that way much to the delight of our parents.

I am just so excited for my sis and her husband and particularly that we are starting our motherhood chapters so close together.

S and I are secretly hoping she has a boy but we won't know until January when she's due as she and her husband have decided to have a surprise. Of course I would love another niece (especially given how adorable little miss Hayley is) but selfishly, would love a little playmate for E as everyone else has had or is having girls.

My sis also timed it perfectly as E will be about 6 months old when her bub arrives so he will be out of most big items like the bassinet, swing, capsule so I can conveniently pass them on to her for use rather than store them till bub 2.

Now I have to get busy with the baby shower planning and as we dont know the sex, /i am going to with a Hungry Caterpillar theme - fun, colourful and suitably unisex.




8 comments:

  1. Btw, I wanna say if you do go with caterpillar theme...Target at the moment have new baby outfits in caterpillar design. I only just saw them put out on the racks today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your sister! Quite the little baby boom in your family at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous news! I'm in the same boat. No one will be without a date for the year 12 ball :-) X

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hungry Caterpillar theme is such a cute idea. It must be so nice to have so many people around with babies of a similar age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another baby!!! What wonderful news :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news!
    Live the theme idea too!
    I'm planning a little baby shower at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies ... couldn't be more excited that we are all going to have children in the same age group. X

    ReplyDelete