Friday, November 18, 2011

The Overrated ... things I just can't love

We all have things that were supposed to be amazing.. either hyped by us or someone else... that just didn't make the grade when it came down to it. Here are a few of the things that underwhelm me:

  1. Black Swan - firstly, WTF... it just wasn't that amazing, gripping or scary. The acting was great but the storyline just wasn't worth my time and I won't be surprised if I never see this move again.
  2. Twilight - I have tried, really tried. I have seen all the movies and I own the books but I just can't get into this series. I love HP and Buffy is one of my all time fave shows so its not the supernatural thing I'm against. Twilight is just too whiny and angsty for me plus (ducking for cover here), I don't get the Robert Pattison fascination.
  3. Lord of the Rings - again, the movie and the books just can't hook me.
  4. Seafood - at the risk of sounding like a total moron, its just too fishy therefore not a flavour I enjoy at all.
  5. Sushi - again with the fishy plus I just can't get a taste for seaweed.
  6. Coffee - or even hot drinks for that matter. I don't like the taste, they don't refresh me and usually leave my mouth feeling blah.
  7. Los Angeles - seriously one of my most disappointing experiences ever. Trust me, I explored that city and the Gold Coast is a better place than LA.
  8. Mad Men - love the fashion, don't get the rest of it.
  9. The Dragon Tattoo trilogy - I can't even get past page 2 of the main book and have no desire to see either of the movie versions.
  10. Glee - I love music of every genre but this show just doesn't do it for me. I just can't get anything out of it ... I am well aware that I am in a minority here.
  11. Eat Pray Love - really? What a ridiculously self indulgent, unrealistic and poorly written experience.

What underwhelms/underwhelmed you?

2 comments:

  1. Besides the seafood thing, I am in 100% agreeance with you on everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on a few of those, Lord of the Rings, Twilight.
    I really enjoyed Eat Pray Love (the book, not movie) I think it can have a real effect on you depending where you are in life. Learning to be content on the inside no matter what's going on around you.. that's what i got out of it anyway.
    I just can't love Greys Anatomy

    ReplyDelete