Wednesday, November 30, 2011
The Salvation Army expects to provide more than $10 million worth of goods to more than 350,000 people in need across Australia. This will include the distribution of over 100,000 food vouchers and hampers and nearly half a million toys!
Major Neil Dickson of The Salvation Army said, “Over the Christmas period, financial strain, relationship issues, alcohol abuse, mental health issues and domestic violence all peak and people often struggle to make ends meet.”
During this time of year synonymous with fun and celebration, children often go without many luxuries. We add a little bit of sparkle back into these children’s eyes by donating special gifts to The Salvation Army’s Christmas Appeal.
We know it has been a real hard year for most but the events of 2011 have hit some people harder than others. We hope to give back by donating special gifts for children who may not have many luxuries in life. We want to help in any way possible.
We alternate between non-perishable food items and toys each year and I think we had a record number of donations this year - over 50 presents! We have been advised that this year's gifts will be going to women and children at the local Stillwaters refuge delivered Santa style in the dead of the night.
Why not make your office Christmas party extra special this year and make a donation to The Salvation Army Christmas Appeal like we do - visit www.salvos.org.au
Monday, November 28, 2011
Friday, November 25, 2011
Friday, November 18, 2011
- Black Swan - firstly, WTF... it just wasn't that amazing, gripping or scary. The acting was great but the storyline just wasn't worth my time and I won't be surprised if I never see this move again.
- Twilight - I have tried, really tried. I have seen all the movies and I own the books but I just can't get into this series. I love HP and Buffy is one of my all time fave shows so its not the supernatural thing I'm against. Twilight is just too whiny and angsty for me plus (ducking for cover here), I don't get the Robert Pattison fascination.
- Lord of the Rings - again, the movie and the books just can't hook me.
- Seafood - at the risk of sounding like a total moron, its just too fishy therefore not a flavour I enjoy at all.
- Sushi - again with the fishy plus I just can't get a taste for seaweed.
- Coffee - or even hot drinks for that matter. I don't like the taste, they don't refresh me and usually leave my mouth feeling blah.
- Los Angeles - seriously one of my most disappointing experiences ever. Trust me, I explored that city and the Gold Coast is a better place than LA.
- Mad Men - love the fashion, don't get the rest of it.
- The Dragon Tattoo trilogy - I can't even get past page 2 of the main book and have no desire to see either of the movie versions.
- Glee - I love music of every genre but this show just doesn't do it for me. I just can't get anything out of it ... I am well aware that I am in a minority here.
- Eat Pray Love - really? What a ridiculously self indulgent, unrealistic and poorly written experience.