Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Soon I will be 30

and I had every intention of having a lovely and oh so elegant birthday party featuring a white theme in a gorgeous waterfront mansion.

Fast forward to the real world where S and I have decided to limit expenditure on my party given we have his sister's wedding immediately following then off to Japan two weeks later.

With this in mind I have had to scale back all my past ideas and come up with a new venue, theme, outfit ...

My party will now be held at an oceanfront venue (sounds like an upgrade I know but really, its just the surf club my family has been involved with since I was 5) and the theme after much thought (and a big vote from my dad) is now ... THE EIGHTIES!

The reasoning? According to my father its perfect as I was born in the 80's, love love love the music and its fun ... my last 'fun' party till I am a REAL grownup. Its also proven popular with my guests who are excited about pulling out the crimper and blue eyeshadow and the guys have been just as enthusiastic with the teenage mutant ninja turtles and karate kid being tossed around as dress-up possibilities.

I'm actually really looking forward to it despite the 180 in plans and have arranged the food, designed an invite (a pdf of a pink cassette background with fluro writing), booked lightning and music and now am working on a costume.

I can't decide whether to go as a character from the 80's ie. Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake or to just go as Madonna or all out with legwarmers, fluro and a bubble skirt. Thoughts?







4 comments:

  1. 80's theme parties are brilliant! Such a great choice!!!
    I like the rainbow bright costume!!!
    Can't wait to hear more of the details!
    The invite sounds really cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love this! LOOOOOOOVE Rainbow Brite!!! She was my fave when I was little. PLUS you can still CRIMP your pony tail!!! I still have my crimper at home!

    I think Mads will be too popular.. go with something more original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol thanks ladies! Rainbow Brite was my favourite too so I think this might be the one :)
    My husband wants to come as Cobra Cai (sp?) from Karate Kid so that should be funny.
    Will definitely post lots of pics back here for you. x
    Sammie, Abi is gorgeous and can't wait to see more pics of her.
    Reezy, CONGRATULATIONS! I read on the forums yesterday but not sure if you saw my post after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks hun!! We're so excited (and a lil scared to be honest haha!)We have our 12 week scan next Friday :D

    ReplyDelete