Thursday, August 18, 2011

S the Shoe Whore

I think I have mentioned here before that my husband S is a shoe whore... well here is some irrefutable proof.

S had a day off work and went shopping by himself (I know, bizarre in boyspeak). He came home with not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 pairs of shoes! That's right, 4 pairs!

Not the best pic I know (stupid iphone) but here is some of his haul:



2 pairs of Cons (he already has the same pairs in grey with suede trim and black and white), apparently he needed a 'stealth' pair (the all black) and another casual pair - right, to add to the 6 pairs of Cons, 2 pairs of Zoo Yorks, 3 pairs of Adidas you already have in your casual wardrobe?

He also ended up with another (that's right, ANOTHER) pair of Air Jordans (to add to his purple Kobes, Nike something or others and white Air Jordans) and a new pair of T90 laser soccer boots (to add to his perfectly fine existing pair).

His shoe wardrobe is starting to put mine to shame and mine is not to be sneezed at, how bad is that?

Side note: those T90 soccer boots are my nemesis! S and I had just started dating when I went to the US with some friends on holidays. S asked me to search out a pair of T90s as they weren't available in Oz then. No kidding, my gf and I tripped all around LA, Vegas, San Fran and the outer boroughs of NYC in search of these damn shoes to no avail. We ended up cabbing to the outskirts of NYC late one afternoon to a residential sports store that definitely had them in stock - half an hour later, we discovered they had them, just not the right size! F'ing T90s! Oh and had I bought them in the US, they would have cost me around $200... S paid $60 odd from our local Nike store.

1 comment:

  1. haha, you're lucky! my boyfriend owns 3 pairs of shoes and its a battle to even get him to consider buying more!

    ReplyDelete