Monday, June 27, 2011

Partying princess style

We woke to the most gorgeous of clear Winter days on Saturday ... and thank goodness for that because Saturday was baby S' 2nd birthday and God forbid it should be anything but perfect for our favourite little princess.

So M and I departed bright and early from my house on Saturday morning (8:45 is bright and early in winter in my books) to collect the balloon arrangements ordered by C for the park celebrations. We picked them up with minimal fuss (although the owner is a very rude lady in my book), manage to stuff them in to my car ... luckily S was meeting us at the party because between me, M and the balloons, there was not an inch of room to be had in my trusty hatchback.

We arrived at the party venue with plenty of time to spare before the little guests started appearing and helped C finalise a few minor things - she already had the party down pat with food out, decorations up, the jumping castle ready to go and baby S deckedout as the cutest little Cinderella.


The day flew by and we had the most wonderful time playing in the sunshine, jumping in the castle (or boing boing as baby S says), a visit from Mickey Mouse, playing Bocce with C's father in law and his friend (M and I teamed up with them and laughed at our hopeless aim), eating party food... fairybread anyone? or roast meats, crunchy viennas and Croatian potato salad for the grown ups and playing with (read running after) all the little munchkins.


My S also had a fantastic time making a beeline for our friend N's tiny little 4 month old whom he commandeered for at least an hour after he played with the birthday girl - he can't wait to have children of our own <3


There were a lot of children in attendance, my parents even bought their friends' 1 year old twins ... adorable aren't they?


Everyone left happy and exhausted... C and I were asleep on the lounge that night by 9pm watching Sleeping Beauty to finish baby S' princess day.

No comments:

Post a Comment