Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My besties

This is me, C and M at a friend's engagement party recently.





I have known C since we were born as our parents were besties before kids (and still are) and we have been best friends ever since. We even got to live together for a few years in our twenties which was beyond fun. We also had C's older sister N (another bestie of mine too) live with us as she was relocated for work while her husband had to play out his NRL contract in Sydney before joining her on the Gold Coast. We refer to those days fondly as the 'bachelorette' days even though C had a boyfriend and N was married, our nights were all about happy hour, karaoke and sav blanc... ahhhh, good times.


M is a more recent addition although it feels like we have been besties forever. I met M through an acquaintance as did C. C started seeing a lot of M and as a result, so did I. After we got talking, M and I found we were similar in a million ways and our friendship was cemented from there. Off the top of my head, I would say we have been friends for about 5-6 years but honestly, its like we have grown up together too.


Between the 3 of us, we share the best friendship and we also have the craziest fun adventures - honestly, you wouldn't believe half the stuff I could tell you. We can pretty much read each other's minds and finish each other's sentence.


C and M are my rocks. They are the most supportive, caring, loyal friends you could imagine and its reassuring to know that I always have them to go to, to catch me, to defend me or to have fun with. They are exactly like the saying, 'a good friend will bail you out of jail, a best friend will be there with a shovel helping you bury the body.'

3 comments:

  1. aw, thats lovely! :)
    my best girlfriends and i all unfortunately live in different cities for the time being, this post makes me miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol – this is the version I know:

    “A good friend will come bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying...'Damn, that was fun!”

    Lovely post <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. True Reezy, I know that one too :)
    That must be hard having your besties far away mimi - M lives in Brisbane so only an hour away but I hate it :(

    ReplyDelete