Thursday, May 19, 2011

The little niceties

Between my ageing skin and my advancing years, I am becoming more mature, more thoughtful and more considerate I believe, Not that I wasn't thoughtful or considerate before, just that small courtesies seem much more important to me now than they did when I was 21.

Take the value of the 'thank you' card/note for instance. Nowadays I would never dream of not sending a thank you note for a gift received (I stressed about getting my wedding ones out in suitable time) but also, now sending a personal note for dinner invites and the like are just as important whereas in my late teens/early twenties this would have seemed strange to me. Back then I thought thank you cards were reserved for 'big' occasions like weddings, engagements, christenings etc.

Maybe my newly recognised consideration and thoughtfulness is not just age, but is also being inspired from blogs that I read. I think that FF and SydneyShopGirl give wonderful examples of modern etiquette for the modern woman (in addition to being fantastic bloggers) including the mention of the importance of thank you notes.

So with this in mind, I'm off to source some personalised stationery ... including thank you notes. Any suggestions on where to source from would be welcome ...

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. A thank-you note sent and received goes a very long way.
    I too would be interested to see what suggestions people come back to you with!

    ReplyDelete