Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ageing skin

So there's no getting around it, my skin is getting old.



Sadly this means my face is starting to show the wear and tear of almost 30 years of abuse - excessive sun exposure, makeup, sleeping in makeup, alcohol consumption and all those other fun things we do throughout our teens and twenties to damage our looks.



I have tried all sorts of cleansers, toners and moisturisers from high end Chanel and the like to good old Cetaphil and everything in between.



Without doubt, my worst cleansing routine would have to have been Clinique's 3 step program. My face never actually felt clean, it never removed all the makeup etc and it didn't do anything for the tone and appearance of my skin.



My favourite was Dermologica right up till recently, I loved the special cleansing gel, the toner and active moist. My face always felt clean without being dry and breakouts were rare. The only thing that got to me was the expense at times - thank goodness for Strawberrynet.



To date, (after I ran out of Dermalogica and needed something rightaway rather than wait for postage), I decided to give good old Cetaphil cleasing gel a try with my Lush Tea Tree toner and Lush Vanishing Cream for day and a Garnier nightcream. I also incorporated my sample bottle of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and an eye cream I can't remember the name of.


Love love love Cetaphil... cleansing but not drying and two washes removes all makeup traces.


Well, in the past three weeks since using these products, I have been amazed at the compliments my skin is getting. Indeed, one girlfriend even asked if I could be pregnant after commenting on my glowing smooth even skin - she meant this as a compliment and nope, not pregnant much to my mum's disappointment.



I am all set to place a Strawberrynet order for a big bottle of EL ANR - not cheap at $160ish but considering a tiny sample bottle has lasted me 3 weeks of twice daily use and has at least another week and a half to go, it seems to be decent value and best of all, its getting results along with my cheapie products.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you’ve found your perfect routine. Don’t you love it when products start working for you. I’m in love with my ASAP skincare, it has done wonders for me. I do need to find myself a good eye cream though, I’ll be 30 next year and those little laugh lines are starting to appear :S

    ReplyDelete