Friday, May 20, 2011

5 random things about me

In truth, there are lots of random facts about me but today I will share just 5...

1. I was a Venturer Scout - so much so that I was even awarded my Queens Scout in 1997. Hard to believe but I loved camping, adventuring and all ... but always bought triple the amount of luggage and used two separate buckets of water, one for washing and one for my face :)

2. I hate bridges. They totally freak me out! I get all shaky having to drive over them and look straight ahead holding my breath as a passenger.

3. People used to pay me in high school to do their English, history and legal assignments amongst others. I wasn't a 'nerd' (not that there is anything wrong with being exceptionally studious), I just had a really good memory and better use of the English language back then.

4. I had never owned a bike until S bought me one for my 28th birthday ... I was just never really into them and as a kid, roller skating and go-karting were my thing. As you can imagine, it took me a while to get any semblance of ability and confidence, riding a bike at 28.

5. As a child, my dream job was to be the first female President of Australia - I was a precocious little republican in my early years (from about 7 to 15).

No comments:

Post a Comment