Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Script

Can I just start by saying ... WOW!!!! I headed up to Brisbane (for the second time in 24 hours) with my sis to go see The Script at the Brisbane Convention Centre. K and I are both huge fans so I bought these tickets for her birthday present. We had great seats centre stage and not too high up so we were pretty happy when we sat down. Then the support act started. As we couldn't find anywhere who had been lined up to support The Script, Tinie Tempah was a big shock, especially when he opened up with 'Come on all you Mother F#ck$rs'. I know, I'm not a fan of this either. Thankfully it actually got a lot better and we enjoyed the act. Then came The Script and these guys just blew us away. I have been to a lot of concerts over the years and my music tastes are pretty varied - I have been to The Offspring, Soundgarden, Silverchair, Powderfinger, The Prodigy, U2, JayZ, Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears, Rogue Traders, Good Charlotte, The Eagles, The Doobie Bros ... to name a few - but these guys would be up there with The Eagles and U2 as my all time favourites. Their voices, their passion, their music all made for an amazing show that my sister and I enjoyed enormously. They spoke to the audience lots, got interactive walking into and touching the crowd and even told a few stories about why/how songs were written. These guys are only going to get better I imagine and have a great sound that compares to U2 (but obviously they still have a way to go yet). Photo taken by the band and posted on Twitter of the audience at the show:

No comments:

Post a Comment