Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Spoilt Rotten!

Happy happy 2011 peoples! I personally am glad to see the back of 2010 for a variety of reasons - discussion to come :)


It's been a crazy time in our household since Christmas Eve and I have spent a significant part of the last week or so in Lennox Heads with family and friends so have had no opportunity to blog or even check my emails.


S and I had the most wonderful Eve and Day spending time with family and friends eating good food and drinking far too much.


We started our festive celebrations at S' parents home with his sis and her fiancee enjoying turkey with all the trimmings and free flowing Sav Blanc. Presents were opened and S' parents were extremely generous as always, gifting us with Yen for our honeymoon to Japan, ScanPan cheese knife block & steak knife block, a Body Shop gift pack for me and an everyday cutlery set:


We then headed to our home on Christmas morning to swap presents, enjoy our traditional Christmas breakfast (swiss cheese & ham croissants with champagne & pink grapefruit juice) while watching my IQ'd Carols by Candlelight followed by a nap before starting the festivities again at my parents. S absolutely spoiled me rotten with presents - he is the most thoughtful buyer!


From my wonderful fiancee I received but a few of my favourite things ... Chanel 5171s, Chanel No 5 giftpack, Oroton travel wallet, Oroton day bag and Oroton mini card purse - notice the theme :) Plus my sis was my secret santa and continued the theme with Oroton purse & matching coin purse and a Oroton beach towel.















Christmas lunch at my parents was another enormous event with carols playing, tables to be decorated and help given to mum in preparing the feast. My mum just adores Christmas and goes all out for the food with this being no exception. 9 of us dined on baked ham, seasoned turkey, roast beef with bacon & onion stuffing, roast chicken with homemade stuffing and roast lamb plus all imaginable vegies followed by the obligatory trifle and plum pudding. There was much laughter and a practical joke played on our brother by me, K and J involving homemade crackers. My parents also spoilt me with a latex pillow and protector, Lush goodies and other bits.

I am such a lucky girl and loved all my presents but my favourite part of Christmas was spending time with family and gifting - it feels so great to give a present the other person loves.


My Christmas night was rounded out with drinks at C & L's with M and D visiting from Brisbane - perfect way to end a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment