Thursday, December 2, 2010

Work Christmas Party

So the boss and I have come up with a pretty novel way of celebrating Christmas for the office this year ...

Some background: last year we had a sit down lunch at Saks Marina Mirage on the Broadwater including a 3 course menu and bar tab followed by dancing in the lounge bar area till about 6pm - I continued with S and another girl from work and her husband to Fisho's which was a bad bad idea. There is a reason I never go to Fisho's but I seem to have forgot that after a lot of Sav Blancs!

Anyway, there are about 45-50 of us in total this year and while we loved Saks last year, they are not having any entertainment in the lounge bar this year so we elected to explore other options.

What we have come up with is: hiring the local Surf Club, serving Farmers Market antipastos, having caterers serve a 2 coures Christmas buffet (baked ham, turkey etc) and the best part of all ... I have secured a DJ & Karaoke host so we are now planning a karaoke comp with all the staff getting in to it - numbers already reserved include 'Single Ladies' and 'KC & the Sunshine Band - that's the way i like it'. Should make for a hilarious afternoon!

Dilemna however ... I need something to wear. It's a Sunday afternoon and reasonably casual so I need to come up with something that is stylish, comfortable, workplace appropriate - is that too tall an order?

I am thinking of this dress from my one stop shop CR:


The bad news is I have heard it is sold out - will inspect this evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment