Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What is it with NYE and drama?

Honestly, the older I get, the more I am getting over NYE!

It's like Valentines Day... always hyped up to be a super amazing day where everything couldn't be more perfect when it reality, it turns out to be far below expectations, a fizzer, a let down and almost always ends with tears from someone (and this year they are mine so far).

Guess what... NYE is still over a week away and mine has already turned out as described above! Hard to believe I know but very very true!

Unfortunately earlier this year, my professional and personal lives collided slightly. Expecting the best, I wasn't too concerned but now its come back to bite me hard and as a result, I will probably have to make new plans for S and I for NYE rather than spending it with my favouritest people C & M :( Especially sad as C and I haven't been apart on NYE in about 6/7 years (we even celebrated on Times Square a few years back). ALso feeling very guilty as S was looking forward to hanging out with L & D.

Feeling very sad and sorry for myself about it all - its come crashing down on my head in the last 24 hours and is all I can think about.

Oh well, moving forward (cause no-one likes a sook) - as I told S, we will just have to come up with something else although its hard to feel excited now.

Woe is me ha ha - seriously though , what is it with this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. It was truly very sweet of you!

    I don't know what's happening with this time of year. I blame the partial eclipse! And perhaps some people needing hormone treatment, but that's another discussion for another time ;)

    I'm trying to stay focused on spending the day with the person who means the most to me. I hope you manage to do that with your NYE!

    ReplyDelete