Thursday, December 16, 2010

Storm warnings & KFC for lunch

So S just messaged me to advise of a severe weather warning for this afternoon including large hailstones. Me being a disbeliever went straight bom.gov.au to check the radar - S was right ...

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING - SOUTHEAST QUEENSLAND
for DAMAGING WIND, FLASH FLOODING and LARGE HAILSTONES


and I am now enjoying thunder, lightning and the heavens are about to burst open with an absolute downpour.



I thought we were home clear with the crappy weather and finally settling into Summer. Nope, Mother Nature decided the GC has had her share of sunshine, time to pass it on :(


This could prove to be very inconvenient if rain keeps up over the weekend - we have around 10 or so of our dearest friends joining us for drinks and tapas to celebrate S birthday this week and it is not going to work if we are all crammed inside rather than enjoying the deck and water views scenery I envisioned.


What's a girl to do for lunch on a miserable gray day where the air con is cranked up to freezing to combat the insane humidity? That's right, comfort food in the for of KFC! Naughty I know but I'm fed up with the WDD of vita wheats, carrot sticks and water - wedding dress diet for those wondering what I'm on about. I managed to rope our bookkeeper into joining me thus alleviating any guilt at being the only one eating junkfood - I know, I thought this was clever too. Here is the evidence of my failure:


I savoured every bite of my fillet chicken pieces, potato and gravy with chips & extra salt - when I break the WDD, I break it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment