Thursday, December 23, 2010

S is a Shoe Whore

That's right people, I am marrying a shoe whore.



The average person would assume that me, as the female half of the relationship, would be the shoe whore in the mix but no, while I love shoes (as most women do), S is addicted to them!



I have a lot of shoes (think walk in robe with boxes piled high) but S puts my collection to shame. He is known to buy casual Puma shoes in the same style but different colours because 'these ones are more suited to jeans and date nights while I can pull these off on a casual weekend or with shorts.' I kid you not, that's what he says when justifying.


He is particularly into Nikes, Cons and old school editions - honestly, he is like Turtle on Entourage when it comes to shoes. Recently he snapped up a pair of red & black Air Jordans to add to his other pairs that look the same to me. I think I even counted maybe 5 pairs of Cons in different colours and he is trying to share this addiction with baby S - he ensured her first shoes were pink Cons.


So what to get a Shoe Whore for Christmas? Shoes of course, but not any old shoes as they won't make the grade. This year they had to be Nike Kobes - foreign language? I know, me too.


I popped into the Nike store to pick them up last night as it was my only chance to hit the shops without S and of course, they didn't have his size in the blue (they come in blue, dark purple or white & yellow). I liked the blue best but had to settle for the purple given my limited time and his penchant for flashy shoes.






I shouldn't encourage the addiction but I can empathise as the look on his face when he opens the shoe box will be the same on mine when I open a certain Oroton pressie he has for me under the tree :)


Plus this present guarantees me a very happy man on Christmas Day - win/win!

No comments:

Post a Comment