Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Inner health

With The Wedding looming ever closer (only 102 days to go), I have been giving a lot of thought to my inner health - that and the fact I am sensible enough to recognise I have drank copious amounts of alcohol over the past few months ... not my fault though, there has just been much to celebrate. Although my reasons for celebrations may be just everyday happenings for some - but in my neck of the woods the word celebration justifies wine consumption so perhaps I do use the word a little freely.

Some examples of events causing celebrations in the past month include M getting a new job, C completing 12 months of book work, M coming back from holidays, M visiting from Brisbane, my FSIL getting engaged, a wine bundle special at First Choice, our friend S returning from holidays engaged, FILs pizza oven being completed, finishing my wedding invites, an colleagues' last day at work, my sis' house settling ... right, I think you get the idea.

So, I'm feeling more than a little sorry for my insides, particularly my liver and am feeling motivated to do something about it.

I've started with Swisse Liver Detox tablets - so far I've managed to remember to have them which is a great beginning as remembering to consume vitamins is my biggest problem with vitamins. They seem to be working too but I wont explain why ... I'm sure you all know the symptons/side effects of any detox.

I have also heard great things about Spirulina - a microscopic blue-green alga in the shape of a spiral coil, living both in sea and fresh water. Spirulina is the common name for human and animal food produced primarily from two species of cyanobacteria: Arthrospira platensis, and Arthrospira maxima - definition kindly supplied by wikipedia. Reading that has made me not believe so called good things said about spirulina and reading on in wikipedia just now, I have been convinced it may not be the best addition to my life - it can cause liver cancer and diseases as well as brain damage. Glad I googled before buying, scary!

Another friend is currently taking Chlorophyll and yes, I know this comes from plants - as S told me last night but I doubt I will go green (even if S thinks I will). Cant find anything about the liquid form she is taking though - will ask her next Thursday when I see her. Actually, just found some very good info on it on the Swisse site - good for detox support, blood enrichment, energy, weight loss support and as an anti-inflammatory.

Guess who is going to buy Chlorophyll after work? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment