Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Grrrrrr salespeople

Honestly, I cannot believe the lack of knowledge, compliancy and arrogance some salespeople have.

We run a very tight, compliant office here with a big emphasis on training, regular updates and following the rules. I spend a lot of time emailing our sales team legislative updates, helpful compliancy flowcharts etc. Yet, they still cant get things right!

Their job is too sell real estate and sign up contracts. Out of the 10 agents we have, at least 5-6 of them dont know contracts well if at all!

Yesterday I had one of our agents bring me a contract to check off before the last initial was applied. She was missing a document, the pages wont in the correct order or secured as required, it was already dated etc. These may not sound like much but each of these has the power to render that contract null and void!

Utterly speechless I looked at the agent in question and asked if she had ever actually read a contract. She looked at me blankly and shook her head. She did however tell me she had already had our Sales Director check the contract before me - this of course led to me having words with our Sales Director about his abilities and our office standards.

Signing up contracts is the main part of a salesperson's job and most of them dont seem know how which just strikes me as ridiculous. Looks like I will be running MORE training around this next week.

Grrrrrrr salespeople!

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes... This used to be the story of my life.... I used to be a business manager in a car dealership... Sales people and contracts... I am sure I had to re-do 90% of them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I know, its just so maddening when they dont know their jobs and dont seem to care but god forbid our administrator messes up :)

    ReplyDelete