Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Foundations - I'm not loyal

I seem to have no loyalty when it comes to foundation.

I think I have sampled almost every foundation from every counter/concession in Myer and DJs including but not limited to Clarins, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Dior, Chanel, Shiseido, MAC, Lancome, Napoleon ... you get the idea.

All time favourites are/have been:

Estee Lauder Double Wear - I just loved the thick matte coverage, especially for a night out but it always freaked me out a little that if I slept in my makeup, most mornings I would wake up with still perfect makeup - talk about long lasting wear!

Chanel Vitalumiere - so moisturising and creamy but prone to oiliness in summer and humidity (not ideal if you live in on the GC).

Chanel Prolumiere - its just made it back into my daily rotation as I was pleasantly surprised with the results and long lasting finish when I tried it out again after a lengthy break. Not sure why it went out of rotation in the first place - I was likely seduced by a prettier package.

Lancome Teint Idole - love love love this foundation. I discovered when rummaging through C's makeup bag over Christmas last year and have been using it ever since. Light and moisturising like Vitalumiere without the oiliness factor, buildable coverage but not as mask-like as Double Wear.

I am also currently employing MAC Studio Fix powder - it was a gift but I haven't been too disappointed with it to set my foundation or for quick shine touchups. Good lasting power but not really excited by this one but that could change.

My favourites for packaging would have to be:

Shiseido Perfect Smoothing compact- just loved that purple compact, the colour, shape. But it looks like they might have changed it slightly in shape (more square now) since the 5+ years I last used it.

Chanel Double Perfection Compact - always felt so exclusive and special pulling this out of my handbag.






Least impressive foundation and compact packaging is easily Clinique. Great products mostly but just don't have that air or look of glamour about them.



Which foundations do you love best and use most (and why)?

No comments:

Post a Comment