Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hangover, Early Morning, Top of the Town & Freezing Cold

Last Friday after work, S and I were invited to friends for dinner. We accepted the invite and looked forward to dinner and an early night before we set off at 5am to Stanthorpe for our mini break. Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men? Our evening turned into drinks with no food and 1:30am finish. Lots of fun was had but that's not really the point is it?

By the time we got home and packed, bedtime was around 2:30am so you can just imagine the cheerful people trying to organise themselves at 5am to get on the road! S and I were barely speaking which was fine by me, I just wanted to go back to sleep.

We left hour an hour later than planned and stopped off at Maccas for a new Bakehouse roll. Dont believe the ads or hype people, S and I both thought this burger was vile and dumped most of it.



Much of the 3 hour trip was spent in silence unless I looked like falling asleep. Then S would poke me and loudly exclaim that I couldnt sleep if he couldnt!


On a happy note, the 3 hour drive was really beautiful - small towns, rolling hills, lush scenery. If I hadn't have been so tired I would have remembered to take some pics of the Darling Downs for you.



We arrived in Stanthorpe around 9am which gave us time to drive through town and check in to our accommodation before awaiting our pickup for the wine tour.

Finding our accommodation was easy, 'Top of the Town' really is located at the top of the town and we found the staff to be most helpful and accommodating, even allowing us to access our room at 9am so we could get settled before our tour. We had booked a deluxe cabin with woodfire at this venue becuse my parents and their friends recommended it after staying there with their caravans a few weeks earlier. The cabin was very clean and comfortable although next time I will go with a cosy B & B.



Let me tell you, cold is a temperature that Stanthorpe do VERY well! Getting out of the car was an extremely rude shock and I was quite concerned that despite the sunny day, I was going to freeze in my leggings, singlet, long sleeve top, cardi and wool lined coat. I pretty much did.



We were picked up promptly at 10am by our Filippos tour bus and our adventure began!






No comments:

Post a Comment