Friday, August 6, 2010

My Friday (last week)

It's been a busy week so I am only just getting around to posting my last week and Melbourne updates - slack I know.

So I enjoyed a day off Friday to get on top of the housework seeing as how I wouldn't be home Saturday & Sunday. It was a productive morning with attending my sister's final wedding dress fitting followed by brunch at the Ferry Road Markets (BEST CHEESE SOUFFLES EVER with roasted cherry toms & wilted spinach nom nom nom - I will get a photo next time) and then the cleaning, grocery shopping and an abundance of washing all actioned.



S arrived home just before 1pm and it all went down hill. He had a job interview at 2pm and no shirt ironed, new suit pants not hemmed etc. I got busy hemming while he ironed (he's much better at this than me). He then decided he wanted me to come to the interview with him ... what difference me waiting in the car made I will never know but to keep his spirits positive, I went along for the ride on the condition he would take me out for a Friday afternoon drink afterwards.

The interview was exceptionally quick and next thing we were settled at the Mermaid Tavern for a beer in the sunshine. Schooner of New for him and a pot of Extra Dry for me if you were wondering - I'm just not a Pure Blond or low carb beer lover (horrible after taste). We enjoyed a relaxing afternoon and had a little flutter on the Spring Carnival poker machine (S' favourite). The good news is, for a $1 bet, I won about $100 which more than paid for our afternoon's entertainment.



We picked up movies on the way home (Green Zone & Valentine's Day) and homemade pizza ingredients and settled in for a quiet night at home considering the 4am start for Saturday in order to get me to the airport on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment