Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Heart of Queensland's Granite Belt

I have some super busy weekends ahead (mostly relating to my sis' wedding) which means I won't be spending a lot of quality time with S.
With this in mind, I decided we should go away for a night or weekend. Here came the hard part! Trying to decide where to go. I am over Byron Bay as a weekend destination given we spend around 2 weeks at Lennox Heads over Christmas and I absolutely despise the Gold Coast to Sunshine Coast drive for some reason. So where does that leave us?
Well, my parents, along with their besties (my bestie Cs parents) went to Stanthorpe for a weekend last month and came back raving about the place. Surrounded by wineries, apple farms, lavender farms and jamworks, this sounded like a lovely place to spend a weekend with S(apart from the freezing cold nights).
So based on the familial reviews, I have booked accommodation (with a wood fireplace) for Saturday night and two seats on a reputable wine tour - so neither of us need to be designated driver.
It will take us about 3 hours to get to Stanthorpe where we will check into our accommodation then will be collected by the tour company for a day of wineries (sounds like heaven I know). According to their confirmation email, we will tour around 6-8 wineries, enjoy lunch at one, visit some local producers (apple farm, lavender farm, Brambles Patch, the olive farm, cheese shop) and some of the other attractions. The following day I guess we will wander around and visit anything we missed the day before.
S and I are very excited for the weekend and are looking forward to spending some quality time together before the round of wedding related events start.
I will be sure to take lots of pics and post them and my adventures upon return from Stanthorpe.

No comments:

Post a Comment