Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wedding Invitations

Of all the plans for mine & S’ wedding, the invitations seem to be my least exciting and most difficult task.

We have completed almost all tasks and arrangements to date including a draft seating plan, on the day checklist, makeup trial, hair consultation, DJ runsheet, MC runsheet, music selection list, florist, wedding dress, BM dresses, suits, wedding rings, bonbonniere, photographer, accommodation etc etc but I just cant get motivated to do anything about the invites.

Funny how you can be so excited about every minute trivial detail but its always one task that gets shelved until there is no more time left to shelve it.

When I first started planning, I was in love with the idea of letterpress invites and perhaps the moment I received my first quote is when my interest in invites waned. I think it was about $700+ for 60 invites and S understandably told me this was a no goer and move on. Personally I agreed as there is no way I was spending that much on what amounts to just paper at the end of the day.

I have made just one decision relating to the invites in that I will be making/assembling them myself (or at least my sis will be – she has just completed hers and is something of a pro).
I like the examples below but they don’t excite me the way that I feel they should.





I like the idea of pocket/envelope DL shaped cards in an embossed wrapper but am reluctant to use these as my sister has done something similar for hers.

I will probably end up going with a pocket/envelope square card in a neutral pinky gold or champagne if S agrees as I am considering cost and convenience plus something not cloned from my sister’s .

S and I are off to inspect a local invitation warehouse on Saturday so hopefully some firm decisions can be made with regards to our invites. (I will take photos and post them if I manage to get away with any).

No comments:

Post a Comment