Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Just a spoonful of sugar ...



My mother, sis (K), littlest brother J and I are all off to Melbourne on Saturday for the Mary Poppins musical. We cannot wait!


Mary Poppins is amongst our all time favourite movies as and we were brought up on all the Julie Andrews classics. Indeed, I think we used to alternate between Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music everyday in the school holidays although K used to push the limit and I think the record was TSoM 3 times in one day.


I was lucky enough to see Mary Poppins on Broadway when holidaying in the States and came back raving about it to my family. Its a little different to the movie, more closely based on the books but still a wonderful experience.


So anyway, when I received an alert update from one of my many subscriptions (I think it was showbiz.com) stating that MP was coming to Melbourne in July, I absolutely insisted that my mother must see it. Subsequently, K & J also signed on so off we all are to Melbourne.
Chim chiminey chim chiminey chim chim cheree ...


I love musicals as does my mother, and we have seen many including my alltime favourites, Phantom twice (Melbourne & Brisbane) and Wicked in Sydney. On Wicked, I am so looking foward to it coming to Brisbane so I take all my friends along to experience the magic!


I will be sure to post a review and pics following Saturday night's show.

No comments:

Post a Comment