Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dearly Beloved


My beautiful little sister K will be getting married this Spring in mid September and is going to make the most stunning bride - see the pic of her wedding dress. I am lucky enough to be her Maid of Honour (my wedding is not till next March so she will be my Matron) which also means I am in charge of arranging her hens night.

Now K and I are very similar in our likes and dislikes and she would kill me if I arranged a stripper or anything tacky so that's fine, I can happily work around that but am getting stumped on ideas that will be special enough for her night.

I have the oceanfront apartment , bottle service and VIP treatment at a local nightclub and makeup booked for her but need something, an activity (that isn't too expensive) for between 5pm and 9:30pm that is under 18 friendly (one of the BM's is 16). Any suggestions? I was thinking a mexican fiesta in the apartment with a mexican buffet and lots of sangria. Pole dancing was suggested but the local venue has closed down so it would mean a 20 min trip and people having to drive.
The lovely girls on the Vogue forums were also full of great ideas and I am borrowing the goody bag idea. A gift bag for each attendee with a plastic ring, tiara or similar, chocolate, lolly bracelet, samples and other fun bits.
I also have to come up with a special surprise for us to share the morning of her hens day as it may be our last one on one time together before we are old married ladies. I have a few things floating around in my head but would welcome ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment